Friday 8 June 2012

Took the plunge

Today I finally made a big decision/commitment to motivate me to be back on track.

I joined a GYM.

I haven't been big on gyms because every time I join, I go for a few months and then stop. Sound familiar anyone? I mean please, tell me I'm not the only one.

This will actually be my third time joining THIS particular gym. I went there 5 years ago and 5-6 years before that. I have also had memberships to at least two other gyms.

Third time is the charm right?

I actually think that last time I said "I'm never signing a gym contract again!" ha ha, oops, I guess I temporarily forgot that.

This time will be different... No really, it will!  I sound like such a dieter's cliché right now.

I'll tell you why I believe this time is different.

  1. I have been committed to my fitness for 9 months already
  2. I have a ton of fitness related goals
  3. I don`t give a shit what other people think about me any more (well almost)
  4. I naturally get up earlier these days so working out in the morning isn`t as daunting.
  5. The gym has newer equipment... I like newer equipment.
  6. And supposedly I am more mature and stuff now...
Right now I think that being less active is REALLY wearing on me. I'm a better person when I'm exercising, and since I can't run outside or basically do anything that I enjoy doing at home, I need adapt and develop a routine that will hopefully reduce the risk of injury when I do finally get back into running.

So here it goes.  Hopefully I don't turn this into a mistake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...