Wednesday 13 June 2012

A new beginning! (Or at least it feels like one)

Last night I announced to my MFP (MyFitnessPal) pals that I was going to take a break from logging.

I feel like ever since then (a whopping 16 hours) I have been set free.

I went and did a killer workout this morning with my friend Jen.  I felt so good, I decided to try running for the first time in 8 weeks!!  It felt pretty good, just a little tightness/discomfort afterwards, but nothing painful.

I went to the health food store today.  I love going to the health food store.  When you buy stuff there, its like you're automatically getting healthier.

Today's adventure item was Chia seeds.  All the cool health bloggers out there have raved about them, so obviously I had to try.

Here are some of the benefits of Chia seeds:

They help you say full longer because they expand to 9 times their size
They are a great source of Omega 3's
They have no taste so they mix easily in to many different foods
They help give you energy
They cleanse your digestive system
They help balance your blood sugar so you experience less cravings

Today I sprinkled a tablespoon on my salad for lunch.  I didn't taste them at all, and I'm looking forward to including them as a regular part of my diet.

Also, I had mentioned wanting to try juicing ever since I watched "Hungry for Change" a month or so ago.  Today I finally dug out my juicer and bought the veggies to do it.  I ended up juicing this whole plates worth!


Its no Ice Cap (I had one after), but it certainly wasn't bad.  

Today I feel so pumped and balanced.  

Tonight after my daycare kids leave, I'm taking my kids BACK to the gym for my first ever ZUMBA class!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...