Tuesday 29 May 2012

Game on!

Today is day 2 with my head back in the game!

Yesterday I wasn't perfect with my food choices, but I kept it in check, and kept active so that was a win for me!  

Today I planned out my day.  It was a slow daycare day so I was able to head to the gym for a decent burn.   I can't tell you how much I missed the endorphins that come from working up a sweat.   Even though I have been keeping active with walking throughout the last month+ while I have been dealing with this injury, I haven't really gotten a good "workout" in a long time!!

Today I got my workout!  I did 3 minutes of intervals on the stationary bike, followed by weights and finished off with the elliptical and some stretching.  I can't wait to do it again soon!  I'm so nervous that I will re-injure my hip. I am trying to take it a little easier than I had been to keep me in healing mode!




When I was finished at the gym I made this awesome steak and guacamole salad!  So delicious!


I don't want to get overzealous and tell everyone that everything will be peaches and buttercups from now on, but I feel really good about my mind-space and where I am heading.   Finally I am getting back on track and even though I won't be 199 for my birthday in 3.5 weeks, I will be over 70lbs lighter than last year and 90lbs lighter than my heaviest, and THAT I can live with.  

3 comments:

  1. Actually, peaches and buttercups are surprisingly low-fat (considering the word "butter" in there and all). Anyway, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY GO YOU!!! Well done for not steaming back in...so tempting but health is the number one priority :D And way to go pointing out your achievements! They are fantastic HELL YEAH!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...