Thursday 22 March 2012

Nothing like kicking ass and taking names to put the Pep back in yourstep!

If you didn't get it from the title, I kicked ass today!!

On December 12th, I ran 5k in 38.30 which was a PB for me.  Then I was dealing with my Plantar Fasciitis, and THEN I was dealing with a knee thing that kept me from running for over a month.  So since February I have been back running, and starting to train for my half-marathon.

I went out to do a 5k, and I got the feeling.  I got the feeling that it was going to be a good run day so I decided to push for a PB. Here I am heading out with the new hat my Mommy made for me!!

Thanks to my handy iMapMyRun app, I was able to monitor my pace and step it up when I needed to. Another thanks (or not so much) to my heart-rate monitor for telling me when I had stepped it up TOO much and needed to slow it down.

At the end of my run I tried to push for the "kick" but my heart-rate shot up to 195 so I had to taper back a little bit.  When I heard my app tell me I hit the 5k mark I fist pumped like no one was watching, and stopped the app to see I had done 5.02k in 36.12!!!   Way to go me!!
 
After my run, my handy co-worker ran into town and grabbed us Sushi!! OMG so good, and what a great way to end a workout!

 

Now I'm sitting here in post-workout in my super pumped mode! Ready to take on something else!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...