Friday 6 January 2012

Times are a changin!


NOTE: For those of you who don't know me personally, and even for some of you that do, I am not perfect.  I make mistakes, my strength is intermittent, and although I try, sometimes I fail.  In this blog I will celebrate my successes, but I will ALSO share many of my failures.  I do this because I am working on putting ME out there and not just the good side.  I also do this because I want to show that failure doesn't have to hold us back, and that we can learn and conquer even if we aren't perfect.

With respect to weight-loss, so many people (including myself) when faced with disappointment completely jump off the wagon, and run the other way.  They might have a weak moment and have something that is not on their plan, might not work out one day, might completely BOMB one week and then they think they screwed it up.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO SUCCEED AT WEIGHT-LOSS, YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP TRYING!


  • Maybe its not coming off as fast as you want, but it will still come off eventually if you keep trying. 
  • Maybe you fucked up and ate a cake, but if you keep trying you'll burn off that cake and the 2047 other cupcakes that got you where you were when you started.
  • Maybe you got injured and can't do your normal exercise, but if you keep trying you'll find there are 890 other exercises you can do and will be able to be in better shape when your injury is healed.
  • Maybe you slipped up every day for two weeks, but if you keep trying you'll stop slipping up!


Every DAY is a new beginning people!!  Guess what!!?? It doesn't MATTER what you did yesterday any more...  What matters is what you do today!!

So, in other news:


I've mentioned before how when my hubby would go out to play poker, I used to eat to "get back at him".

Well tonight is Friday night.  For the first time in over a month, my husband will be leaving me to go out and play poker.  In the last month I have realized that I actually LIKE the time to myself.  I have missed my Friday nights doing my own thing.

So what are my plans for tonight?  I don't plan on ordering pizza, or making him bring me home desert.  Tonight I am excited to get my shred on, followed by The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout for Kinect and Just Dance 3!  If I'm still feeling like staying up after, I'm going to watch a chick-flick!

Ok, so I know its not wild and crazy, it might even be a little lame, but I am going to enjoy myself!

I am currently on day five of the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels.  My New Years Challenge is to do the 3 levels of this workout for 10 days each in January, in addition to 3 hours of cardio per week.  I'm doing pretty good so far, it keeps challenging me, but is easier mentally to accomplish because it goes by quickly so the entire workout is like a count-down.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...