Saturday 24 December 2011

Note to my future self.

It's Christmas Eve and the stockings are hung, the kids are in bed and I have a few minutes to reflect.  I have a few things I want to tell myself for if/when I go through challenging times and might think about giving up.

Dear Me:  You can do this.  It's ok to have a few rough days.  Remember where you were when you began this journey?  You didn't always sleep very well because sometimes it was more difficult to breath.  You did a lot of sitting.  You were pushing a 4x in some clothes.  You had a pretty big double chin going on.  Sometimes you ate well over 3000 cals in ONE day.  You didn't wear your hair back as much because it didn't look good to you with your chin.   You got breathless walking around the block at one point.  You thought you had passed the point of no return and wanted to hide.

Guess what?  You are NOT that person any more!  Look how far you have come! You can RUN.  You sleep great!  You're wearing baggy pants.  Your chin is shrinking and you are getting your cheekbones back!! Your collar bones are next you know.  You're going to get to go shopping for nice clothes soon.  You can chase after the kids and have more fun with them!  You work out to relieve stress.  You have come a LONG way already.  Don't have the car today? That's ok, you've got two feet and a heart beat and you know how to use them! Remember when you walked home from town carrying Annalisa? You did that in 1h45m.  Remember how great you feel after an intense workout?  Remember how proud of yourself you are and how proud others are of you.  Remember the example you want to set for your babies.  Remember that maybe someone will see what you are doing and feel motivated to take the first step of their own journey.

So, however you are feeling right now, do me a favor.  Just give me one day.  Go and do a great workout, and eat well for ONE day.  You won't regret it.  If I know you (and I think I do) that will be all you need to get back on track and heading back in the right direction. You got this, and you're going to be one sexy bitch.  As a bonus you're also going to be healthier, happier, and more energetic.  You got that dress, you know the one, and you WILL wear it again one day.  What a day that will be!

GO WORKOUT!  Go now, or after work, or go in the morning, I don't care just GO!  Don't roll your eyes at me either because you know I'm right ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...